All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
Best used for canning, especially for vegetables and non acidic fruits, this pressure cooker can also be used for a wide variety of tasks in the kitchen. It is a heavy-duty pressure cooker to help soften meats to be cooked into different dishes and it’s also a canner to kill bacteria in food. It is made from high quality cast aluminum, with sturdy screws to seal the lid to the pot. This pressure cooker is unique because it doesn’t require rubber or plastic gaskets, or rings. A convenient feature, because these are parts that often get lost or misplaced and if you have experienced this, you will know that it’s hard to find replacements.
Its 21-1/2-quart capacity holds 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars. It can be adjusted up to three settings, on the pressure regulator valve which is included, and the pressure gauge gives a clear reading. It features exclusive “metal-to-metal” sealing system, to assure you a steam-tight seal; no gaskets, and automatic overpressure release with settings of 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi. Take note that this has a 21-1/2-quart capacity so this is suite for big servings, for bigger families or those who often cook for their guests or gatherings. It is not intended for commercial use, but you can use them for your small business or restaurant, to help speed up the cooking time.
Here are a few things to consider about this pressure cooker, its most loved features and design flaws.
- Fast – of course, pressure cookers are really made to speed up cooking those difficult to soften meats, but this one is extra fast and can take care of frozen rabbits straight from the fridge in an hour or two.
- No gaskets – It doesn’t require gaskets so that makes this practical for long term use. Often, manufacturers phase out models and you’ll find a hard time replacing your old gasket.
- Built to last – It is highly durable and the materials are great quality and are built to last.
- Heavy – the cooker is heavy, almost 20 pounds so it may be difficult to clean or transport from one counter to another or from the sink to the stove.
- Tall – It requires a it clearance because of its size.